Ann’s Place, Inc.
Ann’s Place is a nonprofit that provides comfort and support to people living with cancer and their loved ones living in Connecticut and Hudson Valley New York. We help inspire people to create solutions which will strengthen and sustain them. Our clinical social workers, facilitators, and wellness experts provide professional counseling, wellness activities, support groups, and resources. Through the support of the philanthropic community we are able to provide these services to 1,300 clients and their loved ones at no charge.
The Events Specialist reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the President, Board of Directors, staff members, volunteers, event committees of the Board and in the community to further the revenue development goals of our 501 (c) (3) non-profit agency. The position is full-time with work to be performed from our main offices in Danbury, with some meetings and events at other locations.
· Responsible for developing the plan and overall budget, revenue and expenditures, and implementation of all ticketed events (five major events a year) for Ann’s place, including:
o Cultivation, recruitment and management of event committee members, together with event committee chair, and coordinates with the Volunteer Coordinator to adequately staff the events.
o Maximizes revenue through sponsorships, ticket sales, adds and other revenue opportunities
o Site negotiations and all site logistics such as food, supplies, signage, etc, coordinating with other Ann’s Place team members.
o Coordinates with accounting team to ensure proper payment handling can be accomplished (equipment, power connections, etc).
o Managing event publicity
o Oversees all logistics such as attendance tracking, program book content, written acknowledgements.
o Provides regular updates on progress to Director of Development and President-CEO and tracks budget including gross and net projections and final actual.
· Builds awareness of Ann’s Place in various communities and sectors through attending networking meetings, exhibits at local service clubs and community organizations; manages dissemination of awareness materials to educate population on services and e-blasts for events; works to increase attendance at events including open houses, other seminar and workshop events; works to increase commemorative donations (e.g. bricks)
· Responsible for all Community 3rd Party benefits: is primary contact point for Ann’s Place community benefits activities, manages the scheduling, ensures Ann’s Place involvement and coordinates with the Volunteer Coordinator any volunteer needs for their event, and works to increase number and yield of community benefits; together with Director of Development evaluates annual plan for community benefits.
· Will work with the Director of Development to standardize support systems for 3rd party events and train a volunteer team who can be Ann’s Place liaisons for these 20-40 events a year.
· Together with Director of Development, responsible for agency event advertising, overall plan for the year, budget management, selection of publicity options; prepares press releases, maintains media contacts;
· Ensure that the Ann’s Place website, social media channels and marketing materials are up to date with accurate event information, fresh video and photo content.
· Works toward skill-sharing so that more than one Ann’s Place staff person has required knowledge of all types of web-site and social media up-dates.
· Responsible for materials stored for use in events; anticipate volume and assist other office staff involved in managing materials.
· Able to work flexible hours including, evenings and weekends.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, hospitality, communications or related field.
· 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in all aspects of event planning and execution.
· Organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Enthusiastic, positive and full of energy.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Negotiation skills when looking for the best price from venues, suppliers and contractors.
· Excellent time-management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event.
· Strong working knowledge of social media.
· Proficient with computer skills, word processing, spreadsheets, etc. (MSWord, MSExcel, PowerPoint).
· Additionally beneficial if candidate has familiarity with design programs such as Adobe Suite.
Salary level $45k - $50k
Ann's Place is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.