Ann’s Place support groups provide a safe, confidential place for those affected by cancer to learn from others about the impact of different treatments, share their personal experiences and concerns, and be a support to each other. Experienced professionals facilitate these groups which meet once or twice a month, some daytime and some evening, here at Ann’s Place. We have groups for those with cancer as well as for family members and caregivers.
Our Support Groups:
- Breast Cancer Groups:
- Women Together - For newly diagnosed breast cancer survivors. This group meets two evenings a month with Jackie Brady, MA.
- Women Together Graduates - For post-treatment breast cancer survivors. This Group meets one evening a month with Helen Tomasko-MS, LPC, NCC.
- Post Graduates-Alumnae - for long-term breast cancer survivors. This Group Meets one evening a month with Su Murdock, LCSW, OSW-C.
- Transitions Group - Open to family and friends who have lost a loved one to cancer. This Group meets 1st & 3rd Tuesday Evening each month with Kevin Berrill, MSW, LCSW,
- Coffee & Conversation - For senior women surviving cancer. This Group meets every 4th Thursday morning with Laura Donnelly, LCSW.
- Caring - For friends and family of cancer survivors. This Group meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday evening of each month with Rudy Spannaus, MA.
- Above the Shoulders - Education and support for men and women facing Head and Neck Cancers. This group meets the first Tuesday evening of each month with Laura Donnelly, LCSW, and Julianne Artman, MSN.
- Men Together (Us TOO) - For men with prostate cancer. This Group meets the 1st Wednesday evening of each month with Jim Coffee, MA.
- Partners - For spouses and partners of prostate cancer survivors. This Group meets the 1st Wednesday evening of each month with Julie Papscoe, LCSW.
- Daytime - For men and women surviving any kind of cancer. This Group meets the 1st & 3rd Monday Morning of each month, with Timothy St. Onge, PhD, Psy. D.
- Young Adult Group - For young adults, ages 18-40, who have been affected by any type of cancer. This Group meets the 2nd Wednesday evening of each month with Kevin Berrill, MSW, LCSW.
- Parents Group - Support for parents where there is cancer in the family. This Group meets 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month with Cindy Corn, MSW, LCSW.
- Living Well with Incurable Cancer - A monthly discussion about what it takes to live with incurable or stage 4 cancer. This group is lead by Suz Brooks, Psy. D.
- Kids and Family Programs - Periodic groups for kids, teens and families, with opportunities to connect to others. These programs are lead by Laura Donnelly, LCSW and Martha Shilstone, LCSW, please call for details.
UPCOMING SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS