Ann’s Place support groups provide a safe, confidential place for those affected by cancer to learn from others about the impact of different treatments, share their personal experiences and concerns, and be a support to each other. Experienced professionals facilitate these groups which meet once or twice a month, some daytime and some evening, here at Ann’s Place. We have groups for those with cancer as well as for family members and caregivers.
Our Support Groups:
- Breast Cancer Groups:
- Women Together - For newly diagnosed breast cancer survivors. This group meets two evenings a month with Jackie Brady, MA.
- Women Together Graduates - For post-treatment breast cancer survivors. This Group meets one evening a month with Helen Tomasko-MS, LPC, NCC.
- Post Graduates-Alumnae - for long-term breast cancer survivors. This Group Meets one evening a month with Su Murdock, LCSW, OSW-C.
- Women Only- For women diagnosed with and surviving gynecological cancers. Meets one Tuesday morning a month.
- Transitions Group - Open to family and friends who have lost a loved one to cancer. This Group meets 1st & 3rd Tuesday Evening each month with Kevin Berrill, MSW, LCSW,
- Coffee & Conversation - For senior women surviving cancer. This Group meets every 4th Thursday morning with Laura Donnelly, LCSW.
- Caring - For friends and family of cancer survivors. This Group meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesday evening of each month with Rudy Spannaus, MA.
- Above the Shoulders - Education and support for men and women facing Head and Neck Cancers. This group meets the first Tuesday evening of each month with Laura Donnelly, LCSW, and Julianne Artman, MSN.
- Men Together (Us TOO) - For men with prostate cancer. This Group meets the 1st Wednesday evening of each month with Jim Coffee, MA.
- Partners - For spouses and partners of prostate cancer survivors. This Group meets the 1st Wednesday evening of each month with Julie Papscoe, LCSW.
- Daytime - For men and women surviving any kind of cancer. This Group meets the 1st & 3rd Monday Morning of each month, with Timothy St. Onge, PhD, Psy. D.
- Young Adult Group - For young adults, ages 18-40, who have been affected by any type of cancer. This Group meets the 2nd Wednesday evening of each month with Kevin Berrill, MSW, LCSW.
- Parents Group - Support for parents where there is cancer in the family. This Group meets 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month with Cindy Corn, MSW, LCSW.
- Living Well with Incurable Cancer - A monthly discussion about what it takes to live with incurable or stage 4 cancer. This group is lead by Suz Brooks, Psy. D.
- Kids and Family Programs - Periodic groups for kids, teens and families, with opportunities to connect to others. These programs are lead by Laura Donnelly, LCSW and Martha Shilstone, LCSW, please call for details.
- Viviendo con Fe (Living With Faith) - For Spanish speaking men and women diagnosed or surviving any type of cancer.
UPCOMING SUPPORT GROUP MEETINGS