Ann’s Place has hundreds of helping hands which play an integral part in our community. Ways you can volunteer are:
- Event volunteers help make our many functions run smoothly. Some of our major events are: Festival of Trees, Golf and community fundraisers.
- If you enjoy gardening or landscaping, come help out for seasonal projects that are needed around our beautiful site and work with our horticultural expert.
- If you are handy with a screwdriver or drill, come help with small repair jobs in our 17,000 sq. ft building.
- We host many corporate teams on their special team-building and community support days. Think of Ann's Place the next time your company wants to help out in the community.
- Facilitators: We require a master's degree in Counseling, Social Work or equivalent, and we supply you with incomparably rich experiences in working with cancer survivors. Plan to give us a couple of hours a month and it will be one of your most rewarding commitments.
- Experienced wellness practitioners for yoga, reiki, healthy movement, and art, plus other new areas–we are always looking for new offerings from our clients. Previous practice in working with cancer survivors is a plus.
- The Peer Mentors are cancer survivors who want to assist others on their journey. As a peer mentor you can receive specialized training to support the newly diagnosed.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Would you like to be a member of our reception team, volunteer at an event, join the landscaping team, help with maintenance, have a corporate community day? Then contact Lynn Stubbe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-790-6568.
To volunteer as a facilitator, peer mentor, wellness practitioner, or in other clinical area, please contact Su Murdock at email@example.com or 203-790-6568.