Ann’s Place has hundreds of helping hands which play an integral part in our community. Ways you can volunteer are:
- Event volunteers help make our many functions run smoothly. Some of our major events are: Festival of Trees, Golf and community fundraisers.
- If you enjoy gardening or landscaping, come help out for seasonal projects that are needed around our beautiful site and work with our horticultural expert.
- If you are handy with a screwdriver or drill, come help with small repair jobs in our 17,000 sq. ft building.
- We host many corporate teams on their special team-building and community support days. Think of Ann's Place the next time your company wants to help out in the community.
- Facilitators: We require a master's degree in Counseling, Social Work or equivalent, and we supply you with incomparably rich experiences in working with cancer survivors. Plan to give us a couple of hours a month and it will be one of your most rewarding commitments.
- Experienced wellness practitioners for yoga, reiki, healthy movement, and art, plus other new areas–we are always looking for new offerings from our clients. Previous practice in working with cancer survivors is a plus.
- The Peer Mentors are cancer survivors who want to assist others on their journey. As a peer mentor you can receive specialized training to support the newly diagnosed.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Would you like to be a member of our reception team, volunteer at an event, join the landscaping team, help with maintenance, have a corporate community day? Then contact Lynn Stubbe at email@example.com or 203-790-6568.
To volunteer as a facilitator, peer mentor, wellness practitioner, or in other clinical area, please contact Su Murdock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-790-6568.
Festival of Trees Committee
Join us for our largest fundraiser of the year, Ann’s Place Festival of Trees!
Position Description for: Sponsorship Subcommittee (This is a Volunteer Position)
The Festival of Trees is the largest fundraising event, now in its 15th year, to benefit the operation of Ann’s Place, Danbury’s community-based cancer support center founded in 1991. Festival takes place the weekend before Thanksgiving. It is a three-day event. Past special adult events included a cocktail kickoff party, a Taps & Trees craft beer night and a jazz night. General public hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday offer kids’ tea parties, a Polar Express pajama party, Quilter’s Corner, Marketplace, Holiday Lane Vendors, live entertainment, display and grand raffle of over 100 artificial trees and 100 raffle prize items. A 20 member Leadership Board meets every 6 weeks from January to November to plan the Festival. The staff Event Specialist, Volunteer Coordinator, and Festival Chair support department chairs and their committees.
Sponsorship Subcommittee Members
Sponsorships are the heartbeat of this event. The goal is to expand our outreach to increase participation from companies, individuals, and organizations. A year of effort goes into creating a stunning holiday setting for thousands of families to enjoy as their annual holiday tradition. Your role is to connect new sponsors to our great mission to underwrite the free professional services Ann’s Place provides to people diagnosed with cancer and their loved ones. We need new committee members to take it to the next level by building on our well-established foundation. Recruitment begins in spring and continues through October. Meetings as needed after initial training.
Qualifications: Strong people skills, ability to network, collaborate, recruit, confirm and report. Ability to update spreadsheets, provide follow-up with department chair and/or general chair. Presentation skills are an additional plus, but connecting with people one-on-one is invaluable.
Sponsorship Co-Chairs (when openings occur)
- Recruit new and re-engage past sponsors. Past contact lists will be provided.
- Attend Leadership Board meetings and bring a detailed progress/status report. Send report in advance to Festival Chair if you need to miss a meeting.
- Update the Event Specialist on progress/status from committee; submit paperwork in a timely way for the creation of print materials and signage to recognize sponsors.
- Confirm sponsors and provide details on payment methods and submission of artwork.
- Thank sponsors and whenever possible, thank sponsors again in person onsite during Festival.
- Coordinate with Leadership chairs for specific departments to support their individual events with appropriate sponsors.
Apply to: Lynn Stubbe, Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com, 203-790-6568.